I’ve spent some time lately examining the settlement patterns of the lineages of each of my eight great grandparents. The each come from varied backgrounds that show some really interesting trends that raise lots of questions for me about the history of our nation. I’d like to use this blog to explore what I find.
The eight grandparents are, in order of maternal to paternal (i.e., bottom to top of a pedigree chart):
1. Augusta Victoria Fleck, b. 1883 in Las Vegas, San Miguel County, New Mexico; m. Charles Francis O’Malley on Easter Sunday of 1902; d. 1959 in Las Vegas.
2. Charles Francis O’Malley, b. Dec. 3, 1876 in Donaldsonville, Ascension Parish, Louisiana; m. Augusta Fleck (see #1 above); d. October 17, 1969 in Las Vegas, San Miguel, New Mexico.
3. Mary Richards, b. June 28, 1875 in St. Louis, St. Louis County, Missouri; m. Tom Russell Wyles in 1899; d. March 25, 1968 in St. Louis.
4. Tom Russell Wyles, b. Feb. 14, 1872 at Bloomfield House, Prince Edward County, Virginia; m. Mary Richards, see above; d. June 16, 1959 in Santa Fe, Santa Fe, New Mexico.
5. Jessie Crook Jackson, b. Sep 1, 1890 maybe in Trenton, Gibson County, Tennessee; m. William Calvin Fielden Nov 7th, 1911 in Curry County, New Mexico; d. Feb. 9, 1969 in Los Angeles, California.
6. William Calvin Fielden, b. Mar 31, 1881 in Tennessee; m. Jessie C. Jackson, see above; d. Jan 1967 in Eagle Nest, Colfax, New Mexico.
7. Sarah Rebecca Lee, b. Mar 31, 1886 in Pineville, Bell, Kentucky; m. William James Fleming in 1909; d. Nov 23, 1974 in Farley, Colfax, New Mexico.
8. William James Fleming, b. Aug 14, 1885 in Belleville, Republic, Kansas; m. Sarah Lee, see above; d. Jan 9, 1965, in Farley, Colfax, New Mexico.
As I said, I’ve noticed some interesting patterns, and I hope to elucidate what I’ve found on following posts.